Thursday, January 17, 2008

NPR Post

Check out the All Songs Considered Blog! I contributed to the "A Band to Call Your Own" Post My thoughts are below.

Kilowatts and Vanek (MySpace http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=3071599) entered my life in the summer of 2005. I heard the song "Lies" on a DJ album and promptly bought the band's record "RawQ." This Philly/Belgium based band meet over the internet and composed an entire album without meeting each other face to face. Nearly everyone I've exposed their music to has been blown away by their sound. Peter van Ewijk (Vanek) combines ethereal lyrics with silky smooth vocals that are richly textured by Jamie Watts' (Kilowatts) electonica orchestrations. Their music is available on iTunes, and you can find their music on Amazon, but as far as I can tell, I'm one of a few people who has heard this band who surely has mass appeal.

No comments: